Mar 2, 2008

The Shipping Inquiry Email

Buyers can add items to their Babylon Mall shopping cart and then send a shipping inquiry email to you, the seller, by clicking one button.

Now, the funny thing about this email is that if you just hit reply, and send a response, it goes to support@babylonmall.com. That's me. While it doesn't bother me, that's probably not who you were trying to email. You have to copy/paste the buyer's email from the shipping inquiry email message body into the To: section of the email.

This is a small attempt to keep a handle on spam emails and here's why: It's always dangerous to automatically put email addresses in the From section of an email using a program - this is how most spam emails originate and newer email programs are starting to check the From section against the server that actually sent the email. The email being sent to you is actually coming from a program on Babylonmall.com. If I used the buyer's email address in the From section of the email, there is a very good chance that the shipping inquiry would end up in your spam folder.

So, faced with the choice of me getting the email or your spam folder, I chose myself!

No comments: